PPS is Partnering with AccuHealth to Offer CCM & RPM Programs
As we get closer to the end of the year, we would like to once again thank you for choosing PPS as your pain management provider. We know you have many choices and appreciate your trust in us.
As many of you have seen the past two years, there have been many changes in how healthcare is delivered. Many of these changes were accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic as well as advances in technology. With that, there has been an increased emphasis on value based care and health outcomes.
What this means is that insurers and healthcare systems are increasingly focused on preventive care and reducing healthcare costs. To support this mission, Medicare has helped create new programs focused on mental health screening, vital sign monitoring, and care management.
We are excited to announce that PPS will be partnering with Accuhealth to implement both Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) and Chronic Care Management (CCM) programs into the practice.
These programs are supported by Medicare and other insurers to help improve wellness and health. Pain can have a detrimental effect on one’s health and on the flipside, many medical conditions can have a profound effect on your pain.
At PPS, we are dedicated to making sure we address your pain from all angles, and these programs help us monitor your overall health and coordinate better care. RPM, CCM, and mental health screening have been shown to improve health outcomes and reduce hospitalizations.
You may have received or will receive a letter from Accuhealth introducing the RPM and CCM programs and how to enroll. We are recommending these programs for all patients who are eligible.
In the RPM program, you will receive either a digital blood pressure or pulse oximeter machine (free of charge) that will transmit your vital signs, in real time, directly to the practice for monitoring. Any abnormal readings will be quickly addressed with your care team.
In the CCM program, you will have a dedicated care team including a registered nurse review your medical care routinely to make sure that medications, doctor’s appointments, and lab results are being tracked and coordinated.
Please feel free to reach out to either Accuhealth or the PPS Clinic directly if you have any questions.
If you are on a Medicare Plan, you can enroll today!
To enroll, call Accuhealth at 1-888-407-4108, or you can text ‘RPM’ to 90105. For more information you can visit Accu Health’s website at accuhealth.tech
In the coming weeks, we will also be sending an email about our neurocognitive and mental health screening programs as well. As we get these programs up and running, we are on a mission to make 2023 a healthy year.
- 1. Improved Doctor-Patient Relationships:
CCM and RPM allow for improved relationships between you and your caregivers. They help restore the doctor-patient relationship and take advantage of the latest technologies to get the quality care you need and deserve.
- 2. Reduced Hospitalization:
- In 2016, Capital Blue Cross did a study on heart failure patients to evaluate RPM’s efficiency. They found that hospitalization decreased by 30% and patient costs decreased by more than $8,000 per patient. Any negative trends will immediately be noticed through the CCM and RPM platforms, allowing for a quicker intervention, and potentially keeping you out of the hospital.
- 3. Improved Patient Awareness:
- The CCM and RPM platforms give you the resources they need to better understand your health problems. Your provider will be able to quickly recognize your current health status and know if you go off trend by keeping track of weight, sleep, mood swings, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- 4. Peace of Mind:
- CCM and RPM services are there to empower you to live their life without having to worry every minute that potential health problems might worsen. By using CCM and RPM services, you can be assured that we are monitoring your health, immediately noticing any negative trends and proactively take care of any issues.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call 847-519-4701 or email [email protected]