Your Rights as a Pain Patient
The best pain treatment plan begins with education. At Premier Pain and Spine, we know that knowledge is power. When you know more about your health and options, you’re empowered to make better decisions about your treatment options.
Here are a few things to keep in mind, every step of the way:
- You don’t have to be silent: Be open and honest about your condition with your doctors, family, and even your friends.
- You can take action: Research and reading are imperative to understanding chronic pain. The American Chronic Pain Association is a great place to start for tools and resources, as well as our blog that discusses the latest research and tips for living with pain.
- You can inspire others: When you take decisive steps towards overcoming chronic pain, you inspire everyone around you. Your courage may give someone else the motivation to keep going. You can find your own inspiration in our Heroes of the Month series.
Remember, you’re an autonomous individual. You deserve a say in decisions concerning your medical treatments.
Statement of Patient Rights
At Premier Pain and Spine, we will not discriminate against anyone due to race, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, diagnosis, or any other protected characteristics. Above all, we will treat you with dignity, respect, and consideration at every appointment. Learn more about your patient rights, responsibilities, and how to file a complaint below.
Our Non-Discrimination Statement
Premier Pain and Spine acts in compliance with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate against any patient. We are proud to provide free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively. This may include sign language interpreters, as well as written information in other formats. We also provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English.
At Premier Pain and Spine, we understand that medical information is personal. However, it’s important for us to store such information in order to provide the best care. We are required by law to:
- Make sure the medical information that identifies you is kept private
- Give you notice of our legal duties and practices concerning your medical information
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect
To view our Note of Privacy Practice in its entirety, please click here.
Our team always strives for open and honest communication. If you have any questions about information regarding your rights, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call at (847) 519-4701 Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM.
Outside of our normal hours, feel free to submit a contact form here and a member of our team will be in touch shortly. Thank you for trusting Premier Pain and Spine with your care.