[NEW] March 23rd, 2020 Update
At Premier Pain & Spine, the safety and well-being of our patients and community is of critical importance. We recommend that all our patients avoid public places and face to face medical care until the COVID-19 epidemic improves. If you are sick, have a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing we recommend you contact your primary care physician for further care.
At this time, all Premier Pain and Spine Locations are seeing patients through TeleHealth/video conferencing. The clinic staff is available by phone to help get you started today with your TeleHealth visit and to answer any questions you may have. If you are already scheduled for an upcoming appointment, please make sure to confirm your updated TeleHealth visit.
Our TeleHealth visits are being done using a HIPAA compliant Telehealth platform called Healow that integrates seamlessly into our electronic health system. Not only does this allow the provider to have full access to your patient chart, but will also allow the patient to access the TeleHealth visit. If you are scheduled for a telehealth appointment, instructions for downloading and using the Healow app are below.
We recommend using your smartphone for ease of use.
Please know that your cell phone or computer must have a camera in place. The set up is simple and should take no more than 2 minutes. If you do not have access to a smart phone or computer, our staff will work to accommodate your needs.
1. Go to your app store on iPhone or Android phone.
2. Search for Healow App and Download or click here to download the Healow App.
3. Call our office at (847) 519-4701 to schedule an appointment and you will then receive an email with your username and appointment details.
4. Access your virtual appointment directly from the email link or via the Healow App (recommended).
5. When using the Healow App, search for the practice name or enter practice code: BFFFCA.
6. At the login screen enter username and password and then click appointments to start your televisit. You will automatically be connected with your provider once they start the session.
PPS is providing the following information from the CDC and other resources regarding the Coronavirus and COVID-19. We are making these links available to provide you with the most current and relevant information.
- How It Spreads
- Prevention and Treatment
- Stigma and COVID-19
- Facts from the CDC
- Spanish Resources
- Prevención y tratamiento
This is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as needed here and on the CDC website.
For general questions about COVID-19 and Illinois’ response and guidance, email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV.
March 18th, 2020 Update
We would like to thank you for your patience during this challenging time as we deal with COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
At Premier Pain & Spine our primary concern is for the safety, health, and welfare of our patients and community. We feel it is everyone's duty to take a role in reducing interactions and possible exposures.
Until further guidance is available and the COVID-19 outbreak has been stabilized, we remain committed to fulfilling that mission and are taking a leading stance in the community by enacting the changes below:
1. We will be rescheduling elective procedures/injections into April. We will do our best to move appointments up sooner if the COVID-19 situation improves. We are strongly recommending against receiving any steroid containing procedures at this time as steroids can cause short term immunosuppression which could make your symptoms worse if you've somehow contracted the virus.
This guideline is in accordance with most major medical systems which are canceling all elective surgeries and procedures at this time. We would caution anyone against going ahead with elective procedures at this time.
2. Follow Up visits will be done over the phone or via telemedicine/video once available to avoid direct exposure/contact.
3. We will still be available for new patients. The scheduling team will schedule a time for free phone consultations to discuss symptoms and come up with a preliminary treatment plan. If injections are recommended, then these will be scheduled at a later date when it is safe.
We will keep you updated of new information as it becomes available. Please be safe and practice the recommended safety precautions.
As always, we are here to answer any questions and will do our best to get back to you in a timely fashion.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with us below.
March 12th, 2020 Update
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our patients, their families and the PPS team.
We are monitoring guidance from the CDC and other authorities in regards to the Coronavirus developments. The situation regarding COVID-19 is fluid and ever-changing and as new information and guidelines emerge, we remain prepared to follow any recommended actions as directed by these federal, state, and local entities. At this time, we remain open and available, but we are taking precautions for the safety of our patients.
In summary, we:
- Have waived all cancellation fees and are rescheduling patients who exhibit cold, flu-like and/or COVID-19 symptoms;
- Have implemented protocols to ensure staff and providers are kept home if reporting/exhibiting any cold, flu-like, and/or COVID-19 symptoms
- Always clean surfaces after each patient using Cavicide, a disinfectant/decontaminate commonly used in operating rooms;
- Always cover and change after each patient a paper liner on each exam table;
- Always use masks, gloves, and eye protection during procedures;
- Always wash our hands with soap and water thoroughly before and after seeing each patient; and
- Always regularly wipe down bathrooms, common areas, and waiting area with disinfecting bleach wipes.
To protect our patients and team, if you or anyone in your family has any other cold, flu-like or other relevant symptoms, or if you believe that anyone in your family may have been exposed to COVID-19 in the US or outside of the US, we kindly ask that you do not come in and call to reschedule your appointment. All cancellation fees are waived until further notice.
We will continue to monitor developments and recommendations and are prepared to take critical steps to make sure we keep our patients, families, and community safe and well. We will do our best to keep you promptly updated on any clinic schedule changes and/or closures as they become necessary.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us below with any questions.